Well, things are moving right along. We are on our way to living in Rincón, Puerto Rico -or at least we’re at the first step of buying a house there. Here’s a list of things we’ve done so far to buy this place:
- We have received the final signed contact by all parties.
- They’ve deposited our escrow/earnest money.
- We’ve contacted and started the inital work with our lawyer (a friend of the Kruses, thanks for the recommendation guys)!
- We’ve received approval for our time off of work (two weeks, end of May).
- We are pulling our money together from various accounts.
Things we still need to do:
- Book a flight to BQN-Aguadilla. Britton says we will never again fly into San Juan if our final destination is the west coast of Puerto Rico!
- Get started on the lawyer stuff -title registry look up, writing up the deed of sale, etc. Our lawyer says we can wait another month or so to make sure nothing ties up the property (like a lien) between now and the sales date
- Cancel the Isabela deal
- Pick the closing date
- Reserve a rental car
- Confirm where we’ll stay when we get there before we close
- Get the cashier’s check for remaining balance
- Get a blow-up mattress to sleep on when we first stay the night there!
- Prepare for the adventure of our lives!