Well today was a bit more laid back, but we still got quite a bit accomplished with the roof. We would have liked to have let the concrete dry longer before putting on the sealant, but since we are on such a tight schedule we didn’t really have much choice. It was totally dry on the surface, but I just don’t know how far water sinks into the concrete. We did our best and I think it will be fine.
We still have another coat to put on in the morning before we head back to the airport, but this looks pretty much like the end result will look.
Of course once we finished a stray cat got up on the roof and pooped. Right on the nice clean white finished surface..lol.
Just having working drains will make a huge difference, but having the acrylic elastomeric coating should keep the cement from getting moisture, which means I can then paint the inside ceiling without having the paint peel. A project before a project!
The moss/alge on the roof that was there before we started looks to have gone up the sides pretty far. I think the roof was most likely a pretty nice pond after rain storms.